- Date published:
2:26 pm, April 23rd, 2008 - 5 comments
Categories: Environment, interweb - Tags: Environment, interweb
Check out 50 ways to help the planet. My favourites?
Shower with your partner
Invest in your own reusable coffee cup
Picnic with a marker pen
nice and easy inspiration. I especially favour the recycle, reuse approach. Sometimes I wonder whether the whole glossy home magazine thing hasn’t just fooled us into thinking houses are an extension of the fashion world and accordingly rooms get dressed just like people, changing with the seasons. But I also have to confess – I use disposable nappies and choose to live with that guilt.
There are plenty of false economic choices there:
6. Diaper with a conscience. Better: have no kids, far more environmentally friendly.
8. Go vegetarian once a week. Better: Why not every day? It makes your larder go further. And I bet you’ll just eat 7 day’s worth of meat in 6 days anyway.
17. Shower with a friend. Obviously dreamed up by someone who has never done this. Showering with a friend, in my experience, takes far, far longer than showering solo.
20. Use your cruise control. Better: use public transport.
27. Greener lawn care. Better: don’t have a lawn.
36. Choose matches over lighters. Better: don’t smoke.
41. Fly with an E ticket. Better: don’t fly.
Yes, showers with ‘friends’ do take much longer than two showers alone, and normally use more hot water to keep the room steamy…
Re Cruise control – that’s a bad call for NZ’s hilly cities (like Wellington) and ends up using more gas and infruiating drivers behind you.
27. Do you mean convert the lawn to a vege/fruit garden?
Actually, of course you do