Andrew Little should…
Written By: - Date published: 8:48 am, November 20th, 2014 - 217 comments
Categories: Andrew Little, leadership - Tags: good advice
All the usual suspects are lining up to give advice to new Labor leader Andrew Little. Why shouldn’t we have a go? Here’s my top ten, Andrew little should…
- Expect and receive the support of every Labour MP.
- Put together a front bench team based on merit not history. (The talk of “purges” that sometimes goes on is crazy.)
- Put together an experienced and professional office (one that is not afraid to tell him when he’s wrong).
- Urgently reach out to Young Labour and find ways to increase their role in the Party.
- Fundraise fundraise fundraise.
- Not throw the policy babies out with the bathwater.
- Be himself.
- Ask Nanaia Mahuta to take on social welfare.
- Ask David Parker to change his mind and take on finance again.
- Ask Grant Robertson to be deputy.
That’ll do for starters – your turn.