The select committee on Rodney Hides vision of the Auckland Super-City sits in Parnell tommorrow. The National MPs complicit in foisting this idiotic vision of Auckland on us will be there along with the architect of these foolish assaults on Auckland’s democracy – the head of the lunatic Act party.
Spend your lunchtime demonstrating what a crock of shit that this version of the super-city is. Do it in Rodney Hide’s Epsom electorate.
Time: March 2, 2010 from 12pm to 2pm
Location: Quality Hotel Barrycourt, 20 Gladstone Road Parnell Auckland
Organized By: Phil TwyfordEvent Description:
A parliamentary committee is currently hearing public submissions on the National-ACT Government’s third super city bill. Come and join a public protest against this assault on our democracy, outside the hotel where the committee is meeting:If you care about:
* the corporatisation of our local democracy
* the loss of local voice
* moves to make it easier to sell the Ports of Auckland and other assets
* unfair boundaries and inadequate representation
* undermining protections for the Waitakere Ranges
* tokenistic representation for Maori
* the rushed and undemocratic process the Government is using to push the super city through
…then join this lunchtime rally and show the Government Aucklanders won’t take the super city lying down.
All political parties, groups, individuals welcome to attend. The rally will be peaceful and orderly.