Know when to fold ’em
- Date published:
2:11 pm, June 15th, 2009 - 40 comments
Categories: mt albert -
Tags: john key, melissa lee, mt albert
- A string of high-profile stuff-ups. You were too smug and incompetent to deal with them.
- A disappointment to your boss. Key put a lot of faith in you.
- He defended you at first before cutting you loose to protect his brand.
- A devastating public humiliation. After which it is clear you have no political future.
- Now person non grata. Key has washed his hands of you.
- Destined to be one of the has-beens on the backbench.
- Your presence a drag on your party. Fodder for your party’s enemies.
Worth showed he knew when it was time to slink off, do you?
Melissa, what good will staying do?