- Date published:
1:48 pm, November 2nd, 2020 - 78 comments
Categories: grant robertson, jacinda ardern, Kelvin Davis, labour, phil twyford, uncategorized -
The cabinet has been announced and it is a reasonably remarkable shake up.
- Grant Robertson will be Deputy Prime Minister, Kelvin Davis having previously declared that he did not want the position.
- Andrew Little picks up Health.
- Phil Twyford is demoted to outside of Cabinet and Michael Wood picks up Transport.
- Carmel Sepuloni gains the Arts.
- Nanaia Mahuta is Minister of Foreign Affairs and retains Local Government.
- Poto Williams picks up Police.
- Peeni Henare enters Cabinet and picks up Defence.
- Ayesha Verrall enters Cabinet and is an associate Minister of Health with responsibility for Public Health.
- Michael Wood enters Cabinet and picks up Transport and Industrial Relations.
- Kiri Allen enters Cabinet and picks up Conservation.
- David Clark returns to Cabinet [and Meka Whaitiri becomes a Minister outside of cabinet].
- Red Deb becomes an Undersecretary for Revenue.
This represents considerable change and is more radical than many were thinking would happen. Jacinda Ardern is clearly in control.