The site had a strange problem with a database solid state drive last night while restarting after doing operating system upgrades. This morning it was completely offline and causing problems with the other drives in the array.
I took the entire database raid array offline this morning because I didn’t trust its integrity, shifted to a backup drive, and restored to the last good backup from 2300 last night.
There will have been some comments lost between 2300 and 0044 when the outage was reported.
This is the first time I have had a SSD fail on me, and it looks like it was just a connector problem. The behaviour of the raid was more of an issue, and one that I will be looking at tomorrow.
There was a planned hardware upgrade with a upgrade of my home server this weekend to a 8 core water cooled CPU and motherboard, but I will leave that for another evening. It is mainly there to allow me to get my workstation back for some game playing.