Ten Reasons for National to do another term
- Date published:
7:30 am, October 5th, 2017 - 28 comments
Categories: bill english, Economy, election 2017, greens, infrastructure, jacinda ardern, labour, national, nz first, poverty, same old national, Shane Jones, winston peters -
Ten Reasons for National to Do Another Term.
- Leave the downturn to National. The economy is cooling, and neither side has any clear plan about how to revive it.
- The Greens won’t have to compromise.
- Winston would be just too hard work. English can have him.
- Jacinda, like Helen Clark, needs time to settle as leader let alone Prime Minister.
- Labour and the Greens need a term to sort out their tax policy.
- Since National, Labour, and the Greens have all signed up to the budgetary guidelines, why bother changing budget delivery teams?
- Large useful parts of government like NZSuper, ACC, electricity companies, and NZTA are largely self-funding and keep going regardless, so why change when the remainder of our government is barely noticeable?
- We have too much housing debt to put at risk with large scale housing reform.
- We haven’t missed not having a government, so why change anything?
- Shane Jones.