Anne Tolley is on record. She told the Principals gathered at their annual conference that rather than run to the media that they need to talk to her directly.
Lets see some of those who have voiced their opposition to Nationals Standards so far:
- 38,000 people signed a petition asking for a trial of the Standards.
- Principals federations in Northland, Auckland, Canterbury and Southland.
- 2,000 Maori Educators at their conference.
- Peter Sharples (sometimes)
- Leading Educator Kelvin Smythe
- Lester Flockton (Emeritus Director Educational Assessment Research Unit)
- Quality Public Education Coalition
- Parliamentary Library (independant Report).
- Prof. Martin Thrupp, University of Waikato
- Prof. John Hattie, University of Auckland (sometimes).
- Prof. Terry Crooks, University of Otago
- Ivan Snook (Emeritus Professor of Education, Massey University).
- Kura Kaupapa Maori Leaders.
Seems like a lot of people have been talking. The challenge of course has always been how much, if any, the Minister is listening.