Red Alert, the Labour MPs’ blog, has a list of upcoming meetings on the supercity.
- Mt Albert – 5.30pm Tuesday 9 June, Owairaka District Primary School, 113 Richardson Rd, Owairaka, hosted by Phil Goff and David Shearer
- Waitakere – 7.30pm, Wednesday 10 June, Kelston Community Centre, Cnr Great North Road and Awaroa Rd, hosted by David Cunliffe, Lynne Pillay and Chris Carter
- Auckland Central – 7pm Thursday 11 June, Grey Lynn Community Centre, 510 Richmond Rd, Grey Lynn, hosted by Phil Twyford
- North Shore – 7pm Thursday 11 June, North Shore Events Centre, Silverfield & Argus Pl Entrances, Wairau Valley, hosted by Darien Fenton
- Waiheke – 1pm Sunday 14 June, Morra Hall, Oneroa, hosted by Phil Twyford
- Manukau – 5.30pm Monday 15 June, Papatoetoe Town Hall, George St, Papatoetoe, hosted by Ross Robertson, Su’a William Sio, George Hawkins, Ashraf Choudhary
- Maungakiekie – 7.30pm Monday 15 June, College of Chiropractic, 6 Harrison Rd (off Ellerslie-Panmure Highway) Mt Wellington, hosted by Carol Beaumont
You also need to get your submission into the Select Committee. Head it with the name of the select committee (Auckland Governance Legislation Select Committee) and the name of the Bill (Local Government (Auckland Council) Bill), and your name. More advice on submission writing here [PDF link]. Send it to :
Auckland Governance Legislation
Fax: +64 4 499 0486
Remember you have a right to make an oral submission in person to the select committee. We encourage you to do this. Be sure to specify that you want to make an oral submission in your written submission and provide contact details.