Now, some might want to look further into David Garrett’s misdemeanours. Some might ask how many strikes does this guy get?:
- Drunkenly equating homosexuals with paedophiles on Eye to Eye.
- On criticism double-bunking will lead to an increase in assault and male-on-male rape, said: ‘The fact is if you don’t want to be assaulted or worse by a cellmate, avoid prison by not committing a crime.’
- Promoting a Bill that the Attorney General considers to be in breach of the Bill of Rights Act.
- Having the same Bill criticised by the United Nations Human Rights Council as likely to violate two human rights conventions.
- Caught out lying in his claim that 77 lives would have been saved if his Three Strikes Bill had been in force. Official information responses from the Corrections Department reveal there would have been none.
- Racist comments to a Green Party staffer.
- Sexual harassment of an Act Party Staffer.
But we all know that the real question is: what dirt can be found about the complainant to make it somehow her fault?
Has she ever had a one-night stand? Did an ex-boyfriend once get a speeding ticket? Was she ever late with her tax return?
No doubt the usual suspects are already digging for anything to smear this woman.
Update: First two pars corrected, my source for the quotes turned out to be a dud. Apologies to Garrett for the error.