Some Random impertinent questions about Michelle Boag’s access to confidential medical information
- Date published:
8:24 am, July 9th, 2020 - 81 comments
Categories: health, national, same old national, spin, you couldn't make this shit up -
Tags: covid, covid-19, Covid19
No doubt these are matters that the Heron inquiry will delve into. But Michelle Boag’s self serving press release from two days ago raises more questions than it answers. Especially after yesterday’s announcement by the Helicopter Trust that information it holds on patients is private with access on a restricted basis and that in its view privacy rights had not been breached. And her confirmation that she had received the information direct from the Ministry of Health.
She originally said:
The information was made available to me in my position as then Acting CEO of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust, although it was sent to my private email address.
This raises a number of questions:
- How long had she been receiving sensitive information from the Ministry of Health?
- How was this arranged?
- What other information was she provided with?
- Why was her personal email account and not her Helicopter Trust email used?
- If the provision of information predates her appointment as acting Chief Executive why was it provided?
- How can the Helicopter Trust claim that privacy rights had not been breached by it unless in its view Boag was not receiving the information in her capacity as acting Chief Executive?
- When was she appointed acting Chief Executive?
- Why did Health think it necessary for this information to be provided daily rather than on a need to know basis?
- When did she send the information to Walker and was it before or after he claimed that Queenstown was about to be invaded by Indians, Pakistanis and Koreans some of which had Covid?
- Who else has she forwarded these reports to?
- Does she really want the country to believe that she has not told her best friend Nikki Kaye about the information?
- Is this related to the information leaks that Michael Woodhouse has been receiving?
- Is she the source of the homeless man staying in the Plaza rumour?
Heron has the power to require Boag to produce any documents or things in her possession or control. A trawl through her email account could provide interesting.