Written By: - Date published: 10:50 am, July 31st, 2015 - 98 comments
Categories: capital gains, class war, Economy, health and safety, unemployment, wages - Tags: nbr, parasites, rich list, trickle down
The National Business Review has released its annual list of the richest New Zealanders. These are the people National and their franchises govern for; the one percent who will continue to benefit from growing inequality, who are in the queue to make more millions from the surrendering of our sovereignty under the TPP and who regard health and safety as a risk to their ongoing ability to exploit the disposable lives of the majority of Kiwis.
The flea market economy has let us down. Researcher Max Rashbrooke says
“Household debt is much much higher than it was 10 or 20 years ago and, than conversely, you’ve got this really significant increase in wealth at the top so it does look like we’re in a bit more of a trickle up than a trickle down situation.”
Trickle up. Yep.
The NBR reckons the economy is working well for the wealthy. How’s it working for you?
THE TOP TEN
1) Graeme Hart – $9 billion
2) Richard Chandler – $4 billion
3) Todd family – $3.16 billion
4) Erceg family – $1.6 billion
5) Michael Friedlander – $1.4 billion
6) Christopher Chandler – $1.3 billion
7) Goodman family – $1.2 billion
8) Stephen Jennings – $980 million
9) Douglas Myers – $930 million
10) Michael Fay – $870 million
=10) David Richwhite – $870 million