- Date published:
12:37 pm, May 20th, 2021 - 71 comments
Categories: covid-19, Economy, grant robertson, Politics -
Budget 2021 is now live: https://budget.govt.nz.
- Lifting weekly main benefit rates by between $32 and $55 per adult to tackle inequality and child poverty, as well as reinstating the Training Incentive Allowance
- $300 million to recapitalise New Zealand Green Investment Finance to continue to invest in support of climate change mitigation, with a particular focus on decarbonising public transport, waste and plastics
- Infrastructure investment totals $57.3 billion over the next five years, and to increase housing supply we are investing $3.8 billion in a Housing Acceleration Fund
- Just under $1.5 billion allocated for the COVID-19 Vaccine and Immunisation Programme, which provides fully funded, free COVID-19 vaccines
- Investing $4.7 billion in Health, which includes more funding for PHARMAC, plus the transition to a new health system and establishment of a Māori Health Authority
This post will be updated as details emerge.