The Republican Party may be entering its death throes. In an unprecedented move, there were two competing Republican response speeches to President Obama’s State of the Union address. One from Paul Ryan, the powerful Chair of the House Budget Committee. The other from a Teabagger who looked into the wrong camera the whole time.
I’m not sure what’s harder to believe:
- that the strongest voice for change in the US are a bunch of reactionaries with distorted 19th century values, who funded by billionaires, and were inspired by a reporter’s rant on the floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange;
- that there’s no Leftwing counterpart in sight;
- or that the GOP is getting its arsed kicked by these morons.
Fun facts about, Michele Bachmann to remind us that, while the Teabaggers are morons, they’re dangerous morons:
- She fears a plan for a global currency, which is the same conspiracy John Laughner, the Tuscon shooter, is so worked up about
- She calls climate change a hoax, just like John Key
- She called for Minnesotans to be “armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back.” and said “having a revolution every now and then is a good thing.”
- Opposing Obama’s introduction of near-universal healthcare she said “What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn’t pass”
- She introduced a bill to repeal the ban on incandescent lightbulbs because she says CFLs have too much mercury, despite the National Electrical Manufacturers’ Association telling her they produce less mercury than the coal burned for incandescents.
- She’s called for a McCarthy-style witch-hunt of ‘un-American’ congress members
- She has said a nuclear strike on Iran should be an option