The Wellbeing budget
- Date published:
1:42 pm, May 30th, 2019 - 169 comments
Categories: grant robertson, labour -
Tags: Budget 2019
So what is in the Wellbeing budget and what do you think about it?
The details are rolling in.
- Increased funding for schools
- $1 billion for rail
- Indexing of benefits to the average wage and removal of punitive measures
- $1.9 billion over five years on a wide-ranging mental health package. Includes an extra $200 million for new and existing mental health and addiction facilities, and $128.3 million for Corrections to spend on improving prisoner mental health.
- $1 billion over five years to improve the wellbeing of Kiwi kids, including increasing funding to decile 1-7 schools so they don’t need to ask for parental donations.
- A commitment to reduce material hardship to 10.3 per cent by 2021 and to 6 per cent by 2028.